RenderMan (.rib) Export
A .rib file consists of Pixar RenderMan ASCII language commands.
To save as or export a Rhino model
- On the File menu, click Export Selected or Save As.
- In the dialog box, the Files of type list displays the currently supported file types for export.
- In the Files of type box, select the supported file type.
- In the File name box, select or type a file name.
- Specify what is to be saved.
Though clearing the render meshes makes the file smaller, it will shade and render more slowly the next time you open the file.
Save geometry only
Saves geometry objects only. No layers, materials, properties, notes, or units settings are saved. This is similar to exporting the objects. A new file is made, but it does not become your active Rhino model.
Embeds external textures used by materials, environments and decals into the model.
Save plugin data
||Saves data attached to objects or the document by plug-in applications.
- If the export can be configured, click the
button to specify export settings.
- If the file type creates only mesh objects, in the Polygon Mesh Objects dialog box, specify the mesh settings.
- Rhino uses the active view for the RIB export. Make sure the correct view is active when you export.
- Rhino spotlights are exported to RIB. The intensity is always set to 1, the beam distribution to 2 (these are shader defaults).
- Assign a material name to an object in Material Properties. Rhino exports this material name for use by the renderer.
- Object names are exported to make it easier to identify surfaces in the RIB file. Use the Properties command to set the object names.
- A name attribute definition is inserted before each light.
- The transparency color is the color of the object.
- When rendered with default settings, a Rhino-compliant spotlight shader makes the RIB scenes look very close to Rhino scenes.
- Rhino writes the surface, color, and opacity statement for each object. This makes it easier to parse the RIB file and replace the settings if necessary.
- Exporting to the RIB file format does not replace the Rhino search paths, but rather appends the existing paths. This makes it possible to define custom search paths in .rendribrc.
- Export to RIB file format supports render background color.
Rhinoceros 6 © 2010-2019 Robert McNeel & Associates. 19-Aug-2019