Drag and drop a file into Rhino
Drag any supported geometry file format from File Explorer, Rhino will:
- Open the file.
- Import the file into the current model.
- Insert the file as a block, group, or geometry.
- Attach the file to the current worksession.
- You can also start Rhino by dragging a text file with the .txt extension over a Rhino shortcut.
This starts Rhino and runs the text file using the ReadCommandFile command.
- Drag any supported image file type that makes textures (bmp, png, jpeg, hdr, exr).
Drag and drop on an object
- If the object has a material assignment, the material color texture is replaced.
- If the object has no material assignment, a new material is created with the image as the color texture.
Drag and drop to a free space
- A dialog box offers options.
Creates a Picture with a Picture material assigned using the image as the texture. The name of the image is used as the material name.
Uses the image as the Wallpaper of the viewport where the image is dropped.
Creates a new Custom material using the image as the color texture.
Creates a new basic environment using the image as the background image.
Adds the image to the Textures panel.
Rhinoceros 6 © 2010-2020 Robert McNeel & Associates. 11-Nov-2020